A few tips for keeping you and your family active
Here are 6 tips to help you and your family be more active!
1. Set a goal. Setting a goal or committing to being active each day for a certain amount of time, like for at least 30 minutes per day, will certainly help you and your family stay on track. Also, sharing your goals with others will help to maintain accountability.
2. Use the buddy system. Find an accountability partner, friend, or family and ask them to virtually hold you and your family to your deadlines in order to help you reach your fitness goals. Don't forget to return the favor!!
3. Dance! Dance! Dance! Make some room, turn up the music, and dance like there is no tomorrow!! It's only fair to let each person take a turn being the DJ to play their favorite song.
4. Create "Active Chore Cards." Each day, let every family member draw a card with different active tasks that needs to be done for the week. This can include things like mowing the lawn, cleaning out the garage, doing laundry, washing walls, walking the dog, washing dishes, etc.
5. Get outside! Choose a day each week to spend time outdoors with your family. Take a walk in the park, go fishing, hike on a trail, walk through your neighborhood, go site seeing, go on a picnic, etc.
6. Model "Active." Kids want nothing more than to spend time with their parents! When you send your children outside to play....go play with them!! Playing should be a family affair!!